Online OTA Program Admission Requirements
Once you verify your OTA program eligibility with an admission counselor, you are ready to begin the application process, targeting a start date in January, May, or August. Your admission counselor will guide you in submitting the most competitive application possible.
When applying to our Online OTA program, you will have to submit the following documents as part of your completed application:
- Official high school or GED transcripts (or official college transcripts, if applicable)
- Personal essay on your intent to become an OTA and your future in the field
- Letter of recommendation from an employer, teacher, guidance counselor, or OT practitioner
- English proficiency test scores, if applicable
While not required, we highly recommend that you perform a minimum of 10 volunteer hours in an occupational therapy setting because it makes for a more competitive application.
Medical and Legal Clearances
Once you are admitted into our Online OTA program, you will need to complete and show proof of several medical and legal clearances, which include:
- Child abuse clearance (State of Arizona)
- Criminal record check (State of Arizona)
- FBI background check
- Drug screenings
- Physical exam
- Required immunizations
- Accident and health insurance
Contact us to learn more about our OTA program admission requirements.